How to Steps
On a desktop,create a Fundraiser for a nonprofit from your organization’s Facebook Page
Once your organization’s fundraiser is created, click the … More button on your fundraiser and click Match Donations.
– The creator of the donation match must be a Page admin of the organization’s Facebook Page.
– The Page Admin that creates the donation match “owns” the match, meaning that only this person is permitted to edit/confirm/delete the match.
– View all your Page fundraisers by clicking the Fundraisers Tab in the
Click Choose Pledge Amount
Select the dollar amount that your organization wishes to pledge using the provided amount options or click Other to enter your specific match amount. Enter your payment source and click Schedule Payment to confirm your pledge amount.
- You may use a credit card or PayPal as the payment source.
- If using a corporate card, the corporate card must list the name of the page admin that is pledging the match.
You’re all set! Click Done to exit this screen.
Now that your match amount is set, your match amount will be publicly displayed on your fundraiser page to inform potential supporters about your organization’s pledge to match donations.
- After someone donates to a fundraiser that has pledge to match donations, their receipt will show how much of their donation counted towards the matching amount.
- Once the matching donation is fulfilled, you can see the donation on the fundraiser page.
- Must have a verified Facebook Page – blue or grey badge
- If your pledge is met, you will be able to have your credit card charged at the time that your pledge is met or your card will automatically be charged within 24 hours of your fundraiser’s end date.
- If donations to your fundraiser exceed your pledge amount, you are only responsible for the amount that you pledged. (e.g. If you pledged $100 and raised $200, you’re only charged $100.)
- If the amount you raise is LESS than your pledge, then you only have to match the amount that you raised. (e.g. If you pledged $100, but only raised $80, you’re only charged $80.)
- For more information about matching donations to your Facebook Fundraiser, please visit our Help Center.
- Emphasize your pledge to match donations in your fundraiser description and in the fundraiser title.
- Share with your supporters why you are matching donations and what you are hoping to achieve with the increased donations to support your benefitting organization.
- Reveal milestones within the fundraiser when you’re close to meeting the match total.
- Reengage your audience early and often to empower your supporters to help you achieve your match goal.