Use Facebook to raise awareness and drive donations for the causes you care about. Whether you’re a nonprofit, business or public figure your supporters can donate to your Fundraiser directly on Facebook in a few simple clicks.
Facebook charges no fees on donations made to nonprofits on Facebook.
There are a few ways to create a fundraiser from your Facebook Page
1. From a Desktop go to facebook.com/fundraisers/, Click the grey Raise Money for a Nonprofit Organization button.
2. From your Page, click the Fundraisers tab from the left menu. Create a fundraiser by clicking the +Raise Money OR click Create Fundraiser from the […]
– Must be a verified page – blue or grey badge
– Only Page admins can create a Fundraiser
– Page Fundraiser creation is currently only available on
– Business admins of a Page can only create a Fundraiser through the Business Manager fundraiser hub: business.facebook.com/fundraisers/
– The Fundraiser tab is only visible in this view once a Page has created a fundraiser— you can see your past fundraisers here as well.
Select Nonprofit when asked Who are you raising money for?
Select your nonprofit’s Page by searching for its name in the search bar.
*If you don’t see your nonprofit in the list then you have not signed up to use Facebook’s Charitable Giving tools. Apply here.
Click the dropdown prompt under Who is organizing the fundraiser?
Add a fundraising goal, currency and timing, then hit Next.
Fill in the title and description of your fundraiser, and hit Next.
Pick a cover photo. Then hit Create, and your fundraiser will be live to the public.
Launching your fundraiser
- Use a cover photo that illustrates the purpose of your cause. The cover photo is the largest asset that will be displayed on your fundraiser, so ensure that it catches people’s attention right away.
- Descriptions should explain what the cause is, why people care about it and specifically what these donations will help to accomplish
. Includethe link to your fundraiser in any newsletters or email lists you may have.
During Your Fundraiser
- Reveal “milestones,” that connect your fundraising to impact created.
- Encourage sharing of your fundraiser.
- Offer to match donations.
- “Like” and comment on supporters’ donations as they come in.
- Say thanks! Mid-way through reaching the goal, post on the Fundraiser to thank everyone who has donated.
Ending Your Fundraiser
- Once the goal is reached, post again on the Fundraiser page to thank donors for their generous support.
- Involve your audience. Interact with fans on your fundraising page. (Ex. Giving updates on fundraising progress or going Live within the Fundraiser to talk to your fans about the cause.)
- Verified Facebook Page – blue or grey badge
- Available to nonprofits in the US and EU.
- Creator of Fundraiser must be admin of the Facebook Page
- Page Fundraisers can only be created on Desktop