Use Facebook to raise awareness and drive donations for the causes that you care about. Whether you’re a charity, business or public figure, your supporters can donate to your fundraiser directly on Facebook in just a few simple clicks.
Facebook charges no fees on donations made to charities on Facebook.
There are a few ways to create a fundraiser from your Facebook Page:
1. From a desktop, go to facebook.com/fundraisers/. Click the grey Raise money for a Charity button.
2. From your Page, click the Fundraisers tab from the menu on the left-hand side. Create a fundraiser by clicking the +Raise Money OR click Create fundraiser from the […] drop-down menu on the Page below the cover photo.
– Must be a verified Page – blue or grey badge
– Only Page admins can create a fundraiser
– Page fundraiser creation is currently only available on desktop to approved partners in the US and EU
– Business admins of a Page can only create a fundraiser through the Business Manager fundraiser hub: business.facebook.com/fundraisers/
– The Fundraiser tab is only visible in this view once a Page has created a fundraiser – you can see your past fundraisers here as well.
Select “Charity” when asked Who are you raising money for?
Select your charity’s Page by searching for its name in the search bar.
*If you don’t see your charity in the list, then you have not signed up to use Facebook’s Charitable Giving tools. Apply here.
Click the drop-down prompt under Who is organising the fundraiser?
In the drop-down menu, the person creating the fundraiser will see their personal profile, along with any other Pages they admin that have been approved to create fundraisers. Select the charity Page that you want to create the fundraiser from.
Add a fundraising goal, currency and timing, and then click Next.
Fill in the title and description of your fundraiser, and click Next.
Pick a cover photo. Then click Create, and your fundraiser will be live to the public.
Launching your fundraiser
- Use a cover photo that illustrates the purpose of your cause. The cover photo is the largest asset that will be displayed on your fundraiser, so ensure that it catches people’s attention immediately.
- Descriptions should explain what the cause is, why people care about it and specifically what these donations will help to accomplish.
- Include the link to your fundraiser in any newsletters or email lists that you may have.
During your fundraiser
- Reveal “milestones” that connect your fundraising to impact created.
- Encourage sharing of your fundraiser.
- Offer to match donations.
- “Like” and comment on supporters’ donations as they come in.
- Say thanks! Mid-way through reaching the goal, post on the fundraiser to thank everyone who has donated.
Ending your fundraiser
- Once the goal has been reached, post again on the fundraiser Page to thank donors for their generous support.
- Involve your audience Interact with fans on your Fundraising Page. (E.g. giving updates on fundraising progress or going live within the fundraiser to talk to your fans about the cause).
- Verified Facebook Page – blue or grey badge
- Available to charities in the US and EU.
- Fundraiser creator must be admin of the Facebook Page
- Page fundraisers can only be created on desktop