GivingTuesday is quickly approaching. Here is a checklist of tasks to help your organisation take advantage of this global day of giving.
1. Polish your Facebook Page and presence.
- Update your Facebook Page details and cover photo to a relevant and emotionally compelling photo.
- Add the Donate button to your Page header.
- Prepare fundraiser assets – fundraiser name, story, cover photo, images, video and goal.
- Create a fundraiser from your charity Facebook Page when you are ready to launch your fundraiser.
2. Review your campaign strategy and creative
- Refer to your campaign strategy.
- Review ad creative considerations.
- Watch our content strategy training (30 mins).
- Create a calendar of your promotional activities. Consider how you can use all of your channels (email, direct mail, social, text, phone etc.) to build up and reinforce your fundraising asks.
- Schedule your GivingTuesday posts on Facebook.
- Prepare FAQs about your organisation that can be used to quickly answer questions.
- Make sure that your team activities and assignments are clear.
- Who will be moderating comments on your Page?
- Will you be hosting a live video to show your work?
- Are you going to boost your posts or use Facebook ads to promote your fundraiser?
3. Use our GivingTuesday resources
- Use these sample email and post copy from our GivingTuesday toolkit to promote your fundraiser.
- Keep your fundraiser going after GivingTuesday with these general giving season resources
- Review all of our charity training videos to learn best practices for fundraising, content strategy and ads on Facebook.
For more ideas and resources for elevating your cause this giving season, visit our giving season resource hub. See Resources.