Facebook fundraiser sticker
Fundraise through Facebook Stories
The fundraiser sticker for Facebook Stories makes it possible for charities and their supporters to raise awareness of fundraisers. Adding the fundraiser sticker to a story is an easy way for people to promote a specific charity or personal fundraiser on Facebook either created by themselves, a friend or Page they care about.
Charities must sign up to Charitable Giving tools.
- Go to Facebook and tap Add to story.
- Use your camera to capture a photo or video, or choose one you already have on your phone and add it to your Facebook story.
- Swipe up on your story to add the fundraiser sticker.
- Once you add the sticker, select the Facebook fundraiser you want to promote.
- Post your story.
The fundraiser sticker on your story will show the current dollar amount raised by that fundraiser. Tapping the donate button on the fundraiser sticker directs people to the Facebook fundraiser Page on Facebook where they can donate directly.
100 per cent of the money raised using the fundraiser sticker goes to your charity! Read more about this here.
You’ll need three things to complete an application to receive donations on Facebook.
- A PDF copy of a bank statement from the last three months (you will need to upload this as part of the application). Submitting a statement that is older than three months will cause a delay in your application being approved.
- The name and date of birth of your organisation’s CEO or Executive Director.
- Your organisation’s tax ID number (EIN or VAT number), which verifies your charitable tax exemption status.
The application must be completed in full and progress cannot be saved.
Please ensure that you have the required information and documentation before you get started. To complete the application, click the downwards arrow next to your charitable organisation Page. Then, proceed to Donations account setup. To learn more about the requirements for collecting donations on Facebook, review the frequently asked questions. To get support, contact us.
The most engaging stories share moments and spark meaningful conversations with friends. The fundraiser sticker gives your organisation a new way to raise awareness of your fundraisers and to share the ways in which your organisation makes a real-world impact every day.
Use the fundraiser sticker in Facebook Stories to encourage your supporters to donate to an existing Facebook fundraiser.
Frame it. Kickstart your story with photos and video of what your cause is and why it matters.
Define impact. Tell the story of what the donations will help to accomplish.
Get creative. Use a photo and creative tools such as emojis and gradient text to illustrate the purpose of your cause.
Repetition. Post the fundraiser sticker in multiple stories for maximum exposure.
Use video. Your supporters are craving video content from you! Remember that 98 per cent of all mobile video is viewed vertically.
- Must be signed up to Charitable Giving tools.
- Your charity must be a registered 501(c)(3) charity in the US enrolled with Facebook Charitable Giving tools to receive donations.
- Currently the fundraising sticker is available to all countries where Facebook fundraisers are available. See the list.
- The fundraising sticker in Facebook Stories is available for personal fundraisers and charity fundraisers.