Show your passion for your cause by matching your supporters’ donations.
Individuals and organisations can rally more supporters to show passion for their cause by pledging to match donations to a fundraiser that they’ve created.*
*Matching donations is only currently available across US onboarded and DAF organisations
Create a fundraiser
Fundraiser matching features
Reach your goals faster
Match any amount that fits the organisation’s budget – whether it’s £5, £100, £2,500 or more.
Lead by example
Pledge to match donations made to your fundraiser as a way to motivate friends, fans and consumers to donate.
Facebook charges no fees on donations made to charities using Facebook Payments.
How to pledge a match
On a desktop, create a fundraiser for your charity from your organisation’s Facebook Page.
Click the … More button on your fundraiser and click Match donations.
- Must be an admin of the Page to create a match
- The Page admin who creates the donation match “owns” the match, meaning that only this person is permitted to edit/confirm/delete the match
- View all your Page fundraisers by clicking the Fundraisers tab in the left-hand menu on your organisation’s Page
Click Choose Pledge Amount
Select the currency amount that your organisation wishes to pledge using the provided amount options, or click Other to enter your specific match amount – then enter your payment source and click Schedule payment to confirm your pledge amount
- You may use a credit card or PayPal as the payment source
- If using a company card, the card must list the name of the Page admin who is pledging the match
You’re all set! Click Done to exit this screen.
Now that your match amount has been set, the amount will be publicly displayed on your fundraiser Page to inform potential supporters about your organisation’s pledge to match donations
- After someone has donated to a fundraiser that has pledged to match donations, their receipt will show how much of their donation counted towards the matching amount
- Once the matching donation is fulfilled, you can see the donation on the fundraiser Page
- If your pledge is met, your credit card can either be charged at the time that your pledge is met, or charged automatically within 24 hours of your fundraiser’s end date.
- If donations to your fundraiser exceed your pledge amount, you are only responsible for the amount that you pledged (e.g. if you pledged £100 and raised £200, you’re only charged £100.)
- If the amount that you raise is LESS than your pledge, then you only have to match the amount that you raised (e.g. if you pledged £100, but only raised £80, you’re only charged £80.)
- For more information about matching donations to your Facebook fundraiser, please visit our Help Centre.
Recommended best practices
- Emphasise your pledge to match donations in your fundraiser description and in the fundraiser title.
- Share with your supporters why you’re matching donations and what you’re hoping to achieve with the increased donations to support your benefiting organisation.
- Reveal milestones within the fundraiser when you’re close to meeting the match total.
- Re-engage your audience early and often to empower your supporters to help you achieve your match goal.
- Must have a verified Facebook Page (with a blue or grey badge)
- Pages can only match fundraisers created by their Page
- Must pay by credit card or through PayPal
- Must be signed up for Facebook Payments
- Matching donations is only currently available across US onboarded and DAF organisations