Set up a dedicated Fundraising Page and unite around a fundraising goal.
Now all US verified charity Pages can create or donate to a fundraiser from their Facebook Page. Whether your goal is to respond to a current event, raise money for a specific programme or generally support your cause, your supporters can donate to your fundraiser directly on Facebook in just a few simple clicks.
Sign up for Charitable Giving tools
Page fundraiser features
Pledging to match donations is a way of motivating friends, fans and consumers to donate.* Learn more.
Donors can now choose to give a one-off or monthly recurring gift.
Facebook charges no fees on donations made to charities using Facebook Payments.
Thank you tool
Interact with and thank the people who’ve created fundraisers on behalf of your organisation.
Every landing page has a unique URL that can be used anywhere: in email marketing, Facebook posts, your website or other channels.
Payment & reporting
Details about payment, payout and reporting processes for fundraising.
*Verified charity Facebook Pages in the US can pledge to match donations to their Page fundraiser by up to USD 2,500. Learn More
1. From a desktop, visit: facebook.com/fundraisers/
2. Click Raise money.
3. When asked Who are you raising money for?, select Charity
4. Select your desired charity by searching for the name in the search bar
5. Click the drop-down prompt under Who is organising the fundraiser?
In the drop-down, the person creating the fundraiser will see their personal profile, along with any other Pages that they admin which have been approved to create fundraisers. Select the Page that you want to create the fundraiser from.
6. Add a fundraising goal, currency and deadline, and then click Next.
7. Fill in the title and description of your fundraiser, and click Next.
8. Lastly, pick a cover photo, hit Create and your fundraiser will be live to the public.
- On a desktop, create a fundraiser for your charity from your organisation’s Facebook Page.
- Click the …More button on your fundraiser, then click Match donations.
- Click Choose pledge amount.
- Select the currency amount that your organisation wishes to pledge, or click Other to enter your specific match amount.
- Enter your payment source and click Schedule Payment to confirm your pledge amount.
- Click Done to exit this screen.
Recommended best practices
- Tap in to a dedicated community across multiple channels and platforms to drive awareness to your Facebook Page fundraiser early in the campaign.
- Involve your audience Interact with fans on your fundraiser Page to incentivise and get fans excited about the goal.
- Schedule a live video to talk to your fans about the cause and why it matters to you.
- Monitor the donations and give updates on fundraising progress. Increase goals when necessary.
- Offer to match donations made to your fundraiser to incentivise giving.
- Reveal “milestones” reached and encourage sharing.
- Say thanks! Remember to thank your supporters early and often.
Eligibility and requirements
- Must have a verified Facebook Page (with a blue or grey badge) Verify your Page
- Page fundraisers are only available in selected regions – see eligibility.
- Must be in charity or public figure Page category Change your Page’s category.
- Creator of fundraiser must be an admin of the verified Facebook Page
- Page fundraisers can only be created on desktop