Payment & Reporting
Receiving money raised on Facebook
Details about payment, payout and reporting processes for fundraising using Facebook Payments or Fundraisers.
About Payment & Reporting
When nonprofits in the US and Europe sign up to receive donations through Facebook Payments, they’ll get access to Facebook’s reporting tools, contact information for donors who opt-in to receive emails from your organization, and links to all of your Fundraisers on Facebook.
US: If you are a US-based 501(c)(3) organization and have not signed up through Facebook Payments, we will default to sending distributions through Network for Good’s Donor Advised Fund.
- Learn about Network for Good here.
- Learn about donations through Facebook versus donations through Network for Good Advisor Fund here.
International: As part of our effort to expand our charitable giving tools globally, we’re expanding our payment options internationally with PayPal Giving Fund in the UK, Canada, and Australia.
Nonprofits in US and Europe, Middle East, and Asia that have been approved to receive donations through Facebook Payments are paid on a biweekly basis based on when each donation comes in. Payout details are different for charities not registered with Facebook Payments. Learn more about payout timing.
100% Goes to your cause/fees
Fees may apply from third party payment processors like Blackbaud for donations made to fundraisers that are created outside of Facebook. Facebook & Paypal Giving Fund do not charge any additional fees. To learn more visit the FAQs.
In the US and Europe, Middle East, and Asia nonprofits that have been approved to receive donations through Facebook Payments will have access to the following reports:
- Daily Transaction Report – This report includes detailed information on each donation made to your organization, whether through the donate button or through a fundraiser. This report includes fields like First Name, Last Name, Amount Donated and Email Address (if the donor decides to share it). Learn more about what information is included in these reports here.
- Payout Report – This report shows the funds that will be transferred into your account. Learn more about time for payouts.
- Make sure your charity’s Facebook Page is categorized as either Nonprofit Organization or Charity Organization and your Page is verified.
- You will need to collect detailed financial information from your finance team in order to set up your donations account during the application phase. It can be helpful to have this collected ahead of time. As you cannot save the application. Here is the info you will need:
- Your organization’s official name, address, contact info, tax ID, and nonprofit category
- Your CEO or executive director’s name, date of birth, and business address.
- A legible bank statement or official bank letter dated within the last 3 months.
- Once you have the required information, Page Admin visit https://www.facebook.com/donate/signup to fill out application.
Once your application has been submitted, we’ll reach out directly to provide an update on the status of your application. It typically takes 2-3 weeks to review your application.
*Available to US and EMEA
For more information, visit our help pages.