Payment & reporting
Receiving money raised on Facebook
Details about payment, payout and reporting processes for fundraising using Facebook Payments or fundraisers.
About Payments and reporting
When charities in the US and Europe sign up to receive donations through Facebook Payments, they’ll get access to Facebook’s reporting tools, contact information for donors who opt in to receive emails from your organisation and links to all of your fundraisers on Facebook.
US: If you are a US-based 501(c)(3) organisation and have not signed up through Facebook Payments, we will default to sending distributions through Network for Good’s donor-advised fund.
- Learn about Network for Good here.
- Learn about donations through Facebook versus donations through Network for Good advisor fund here.
International: As part of our effort to expand our Charitable Giving tools globally, we’re expanding our payment options internationally with PayPal Giving Fund in the UK, Canada and Australia.
Charities in the US and Europe, Middle East and Asia that have been approved to receive donations through Facebook Payments are paid on a fortnightly basis based on when each donation comes in. Payout details are different for charities not registered with Facebook Payments. Learn more about payout timing.
100% goes to your cause/fees
Fees may apply from third-party payment processors, such as Blackbaud for donations made to fundraisers that are created outside of Facebook. Facebook & Paypal Giving Fund do not charge any additional fees. To learn more, visit the FAQs.
In the US and Europe, Middle East and Asia, charities that have been approved to receive donations through Facebook Payments will have access to the following reports:
- Daily transaction report – this report includes detailed information on each donation made to your organisation, whether through the donate button or through a fundraiser. This report includes fields such as First name, Surname, Amount donated and Email address (if the donor decides to share it). Learn more about what information is included in these reports here.
- Payout report – this report shows the funds that will be transferred into your account. Learn more about time for payouts.
- Make sure that your charity’s Facebook Page is categorised as either Non-profit organisation or Charity organisation, and your Page has been verified.
- You will need to collect detailed financial information from your finance team in order to set up your donations account during the application phase. It can be helpful to collect this ahead of time. As you cannot save the application. Here is the information that you will need:
- Your organisation’s official name, address, contact info, tax ID and charity category
- Your managing director or executive director’s name, date of birth and business address.
- A legible bank statement or official bank letter dated within the last three months.
- Once you have the required information, your Page admin can visit https://www.facebook.com/donate/signup to fill in the application.
Once your application has been submitted, we’ll contact you directly to provide an update on the status of your application. It typically takes two to three weeks to review your application.
*Available to US and EMEA
For more information, visit our help pages.