To help make it easier for blood banks and hospitals** to maintain a stable blood supply, they now have the ability to create requests for blood on their Facebook Page, helping them reach nearby donors on Facebook.
Admins of approved Pages can create a special type of post that includes where blood is needed, a contact method for donors, and optional information such as the required blood type. People located nearby who have signed up as blood donors may receive a notification about the request and can easily respond if they are available to help.
Your Page must be approved to request blood. If your Page has not yet been approved, please submit an interest form.
How to Create a Blood Donation Request
1. From Android App or Mobile Browser* go to Facebook and search “blood donors”
2. Tap Find Blood Donors
3. Create Post by writing why you need blood donors
4. Select Hospital** or Blood Bank location
5. Under Posting as select your Page
6. Add blood group needed
7. Add contact information
8. Tap Post to publish your request
Your request will post to News Feed and Blood Donations Hub so nearby
donors will be notified of your request
*Currently not available on desktop
** Currently Not available in Brazil