Facebook Live gives your supporters a unique opportunity to share experiences as they occur. This can be especially powerful during defining cultural moments. By adding the Donate button to their live video, these events can be leveraged to raise money for your nonprofit. All it takes is a verified Page on Facebook. Viewers can contribute in real time or after the video has been posted.
How supporters can add a Donate button to their Live video:
- Your nonprofit must be signed up to use Charitable Giving Tools. See requirements.
- Once you are approved, supporters can go to the Facebook app on an iOS, mobile device and in the post composer tap the Live button.
- Before going live, tap on the “…” button for more options on the bottom left-hand corner of the screen. Tap add donate button and select benefitting nonprofit.
- Go live, and the donate button for the nonprofit you selected will be attached to the bottom of your live video, allowing friends or fans to donate directly from the video as they watch or after you post the video to your Page.
- People will be able to see how much money has been raised.