As part of our effort to expand our charitable giving tools globally, we are excited to announce our partnership with PayPal Giving Fund UK. This partnership will enable thousands of charities in PayPal Giving Fund UK directory to access fundraising tools on Facebook for the first time and benefit from funds raised on Facebook.
- There are no fees for donations made to charities through the Facebook platform.
- When people create a fundraiser for charity or add a donate button to a post in any of the countries where Facebook fundraising is available, they select the charity they want to support from a list of available organizations.
- That list will now include charities based in UK that are in the PayPal Giving Fund directory.
- Charities on-boarded through Facebook Payments get directly paid out through electronic transfer. Learn more about Facebook Payments payouts.
- Charities not on-boarded through Facebook Payments, that are enrolled with PayPal Giving Fund, are paid out monthly by PayPal Giving Fund. Learn more about PayPal Giving Fund enrollment.
- Charities not enrolled in PayPal Giving Fund or with Facebook Payments, are sent a cheque by PayPal Giving Fund. Learn more about mailed payouts.
- PayPal Giving Fund enrollment status of a charity may influence the method and speed with which funds are distributed.
Q: Is there a list of charities that are going to be added through this partnership with PayPal Giving Fund?
To find charities that can receive funds from PayPal Giving Fund, visit https://www.paypal.com/fundraiser/hub.
Q: When will charities receiving funds via PayPal Giving Fund receive donations?
Charities enrolled with PayPal Giving Fund will typically be paid electronically within 45 days of the original donation. Donations made from the 1st to 15th of the current month will be paid at the end of the current month; donations made from the 16th to the 30th/31st will be paid out at the end of the following month. For charities not enrolled with PayPal Giving Fund, the payout may take up to 90 days.
For more information visit: (https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/givingfund/policies#DonationDeliveryPolicy)
Q: How do I view payment transaction reports for money raised to benefit my charity by PayPal Giving Fund on Facebook?
Charities receiving funds electronically from PayPal Giving Fund can track the payments by logging in to the PayPal Giving Fund dashboard using their charity’s PayPal account. Charities receiving cheques will first need to enroll with PayPal Giving Fund to access their dashboard.