Launching Your Fundraiser:
- Personalize the Fundraiser as much as possible. Include the Public Figure’s name and age in the title (ex. “Malala’s 21st Birthday Fundraiser”) and share authentic photos/videos to your Fundraising page.
- Descriptions should be written in the first-person and explain what the cause is, why you care about it and what these donations will help to accomplish.
- Start with a modest goal ($5 – $10) then move the goal up incrementally as it reaches each milestone
- Include the link to your fundraiser in any newsletters or email lists you may have.
During Your Fundraiser:
- Incentivize giving. Reveal “milestones,” and encourage sharing
- “Like” and comment on fans’ donations as they come in.
- Share the donation link from Instagram Stories (Swipe Up), in your Instagram bio and on Twitter.
- Say thanks! Mid-way through reaching the goal, post on the Fundraiser to thank everyone who has donated.
Ending Your Fundraiser:
- Once the goal is reached, post again on the Fundraiser page to thank donors for their generous support.
- Involve your audience. Interact with fans on your fundraising page. (Ex. Giving updates on fundraising progress or going Live within the Fundraiser to talk to your fans about the cause.)