Once you’ve created a Facebook Page and your organization is approved to request blood, your organization can create a blood donation event. Blood donation events give organizations the ability to create events that automatically notify nearby Facebook blood donors.
How to create a blood donation event:
- From a desktop, click the Events tab in the left hand side bookmarks
- Click Create an Event
- Add the event title, date, time and a short description
- Set the location for your event
- Upload an event cover photo (Ideally 1920 x 1080 pixels or larger with little or no text)
- Click Publish
- After you create an event, Facebook will give you the option to turn it into a Blood Camp
- Confirm the location of your event; use the map to indicate exactly where your event will take place.
- Based on your location Facebook will notify matching blood donors in the area