Together we stand. Together we give.
We can still stand together even when we are apart. On May 5, 2020, #GivingTuesdayNow will challenge people around the world to support nonprofits during the COVID-19 pandemic. Whether it’s through donating supplies, sharing a skill, volunteering time, or making financial contributions, this global day of generosity celebrates giving in all its forms as we come together during this difficult time. Here are new tools to help you amplify your impact during #GivingTuesdayNow.
Facebook Community Help
Community Help gives your organization a way to offer assistance and receive help from people and organizations in your community so you can find and share support with people near you.
- Request assistance or offer your organization’s help to those impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak by creating a community help post.
- Select your geographical area range to expand or hone search results within your community.
- Sort your requests by category such as food, baby supplies, toiletries, or business support.
- Make your own request posts asking for volunteers, monetary or in-kind donations.
- Reply to request posts seeking to connect with services that you offer.
- Fundraisers created on Facebook can appear in the Community Help feed.
Facebook Live + Donate
Use Facebook Live + Donate to add a prominent Donate button to your live video while streaming from your Facebook Page.
- Schedule your Live video ahead of time to generate a unique URL you can use to promote when your Page plans to go live.
- Now anyone can view your Live video without needing a Facebook account.
- Attach any existing Facebook Fundraiser to your video to collect donations on that fundraiser.
- Publish your Live video to your Facebook Page so supporters can view it even after the live event is over.
Add a donation sticker to your Instagram Stories or Live to make it easy for supporters to donate directly to your cause on Instagram.
- Get creative with a combination of photos, videos, and other tools to give supporters a window into your every day while you showcase your work.
- Expand your organization’s reach – Stories are used by over 500 million people daily!
- Once a supporter donates to a nonprofit Fundraiser on Instagram Stories or Live, it will unlock an “I Donated” sticker in the sticker tray.
- Any person or organization can use the donation sticker on Instagram Live.
- For Instagram Live creators there is a “More Info” tab that shows how much your Live has raised and who has donated.
Create a Page Fundraiser for #GivingTuesdayNow. Set a fundraising goal and deadline for May 5th and ask your supporters to donate to your Fundraiser directly on Facebook in a few simple clicks.
- Pledging to match donations is a way to motivate friends, fans, and consumers to donate. Learn more.
- Donors can now choose to give a one-time or monthly recurring gift.
- Every nonprofit fundraiser landing page has a unique URL that can be used anywhere: in email marketing, Facebook posts, your website or other channels.
- Fundraiser Insights are new and track your Page’s fundraiser and donation activity on a daily, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Encourage supporters to create a Fundraiser on your behalf by sharing your unique Fundraiser landing Page.
Here are sample messages for you to use to promote your #GivingTuesdayNow efforts
- For #GivingTuesdayNow we’re fundraising for [SPECIFIC COMMUNITY IMPACT]. Every [$X] raised will provide [UNIT OF IMPACT]. Join us by donating or creating a fundraiser to support [IMPACT] [https://www.facebook.com/YOUR-NONPROFIT/fundraisers/].
- Today is #GivingTuesdayNow, a global day of giving and unity in response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19. We’re asking our community to/for [SPECIFIC NEED]. Every [$X] raised will provide [UNIT OF IMPACT]. Join us by donating or creating a fundraiser to support [IMPACT] [DONATION LINK].
- Show your generosity during #GivingTuesdayNow—whether it’s helping a neighbor, advocating for an issue, sharing a skill, or giving to causes, every act of generosity counts. We’re fundraising for [SPECIFIC COMMUNITY IMPACT]. Every [$X] raised will provide [UNIT OF IMPACT]. Join us by donating or creating a fundraiser to support [IMPACT] [https://www.facebook.com/YOURNONPROFIT/fundraisers/].
- At a time when we are all experiencing the pandemic, generosity is what brings people of all races, faiths, and political views together across the globe. Generosity gives everyone the power to make a positive change in the lives of others and is a fundamental value anyone can act on. As part of our #GivingTuesdayNow campaign we’re fundraising for [SPECIFIC COMMUNITY IMPACT]. Every [$X] raised will provide [UNIT OF IMPACT]. [DONATION LINK]
- #GivingTuesdayNow emphasizes opportunities to give back to your communities in a safe way that allows for social connection and kindness even while practicing physical distancing. We all have gifts to give and with social media, online giving, delivery, mail, and phones, there are limitless ways to use your generosity to support others. We’re fundraising for [SPECIFIC COMMUNITY IMPACT]. Every [$X] raised and [X] volunteer hours donated will provide [UNIT OF IMPACT]. Join us by donating or volunteering. [LINK]
- #GivingTuesdayNow is about giving back to your local community. Support a local cause, volunteer, help a neighbor here. [LINK]
Toolkit and resources from givingtuesday.org.
#GivingTuesdayNow Graphic Assets
Graphics to promote your #GivingTuesdayNow campaign.
Nonprofits COVID-19 Resource Page
Resources for nonprofits on how to communicate during this time.
Online Fundraising Training
Learn more about Facebook fundraising with this free online course.
Fees & Eligibility
Nonprofits using Facebook’s payment platform to process donations pay no fee—100% of the donations made through Facebook Payments go to the charity. Learn more by visiting the FAQs.