Build momentum for the philanthropic causes you care about.
Use your platform on Facebook to raise awareness and drive donations for philanthropic causes that you care about. Whether your goal is to respond to a current event, donate your birthday or support a cause that you believe in, your fans can donate to your Fundraiser directly on Facebook in a few simple clicks.
Tools and features you can use to raise awareness, funds, and hope.
A Page Fundraiser is a dedicated fundraising Page with integrated tools that allow the creator to tap into their existing Facebook community and beyond.
Brand and Public Figure Pages can pledge to match donations to fundraisers as a way to incentivize giving.
Facebook charges no fees on donations made to nonprofits using Facebook payments.
More businesses are combining star power with the power and reach of Live video to raise money for the causes they care about. Here are two ways:
There are a few ways to create a Fundraiser
Entry Point 1:
- Visit facebook.com/fundraisers/
- Click the Raise Money button
- Page Fundraiser creation is currently only available on
desktopto approved partners
- Business admins of a Page can only create a Fundraiser through the Business Manager fundraiser hub: business.facebook.com/Funraisers/
Entry Point 2:
- From your Brand Page
- Click the Fundraisers tab from the left menu or click Create Fundraiser from the […] dropdown on Page
- The tab is only visible once a Page has created a fundraiser–and you can see your past fundraisers here as well
- Create a Fundraiser by click the +Raise Money button
Select Nonprofit when asked “Who are you raising money for?”
Select your desired nonprofit by typing their name into the Search bar
Under “Who is organizing the fundraiser?” there will be a dropdown prompt.
Under it, the person creating the fundraiser will see their personal profile along with any Pages they admin that have been whitelisted for creating fundraisers. Select the Page you want to create the fundraiser from.
Complete your goals and timing, and hit Next.
Fill in the title and description of your fundraiser, and hit Next.
Pick a cover photo. Then, hit Create and your fundraiser will be live to the public.
Juntos podemos! In this live video post, Daddy Yankee called out his special ties to Puerto Rico, and brought in Zumba to help support relief efforts. Over $150,000 was raised for Feeding America’s work in Puerto Rico.
Recommended Best Practices
- Use your fundraiser description to share why you are fundraising for this particular
cause, where the proceeds will go, and drive a sense of urgency to donate.
- Use a cover photo that illustrates your personal connection to the cause. The cover photo is the largest asset that will be displayed on your fundraiser, so ensure that it catches people’s attention right away.
- Incentivize giving. Reveal fundraising milestones, encourage your fans to share the fundraiser (even if they cannot donate themselves), and offer to match donations.
- Involve your audience! Interact with fans on your fundraising page. Say thanks early and often, and reveal the real-world impact that is made possible because of their generation donation.
Launching Your Fundraiser
- Use a cover photo that illustrates your connection to the cause. The cover photo is the largest asset that will be displayed on your fundraiser, so ensure that it catches people’s attention right away.
- Descriptions should be written in the first-person and explain what the cause is, why you care about it and what these donations will help to accomplish.
- Include the link to your fundraiser in any newsletters or email lists you may have.
During Your Fundraiser
- Incentivize giving. Reveal “milestones,” and encourage sharing. Offer to match donations.
- “Like” and comment on supporter donations as they come in.
- Say thanks! Mid-way through reaching the goal, post on the Fundraiser to thank everyone who has donated.
Ending Your Fundraiser
- Once the goal is reached, post again on the Fundraiser page to thank donors for their generous support.
- Involve your audience. Interact with fans on your fundraising page. (Ex. Giving updates on fundraising progress or going Live within the Fundraiser to talk to your supporters about the cause.)
Eligibility & Requirements
- Verified Facebook Page – blue or grey badge
- Available to nonprofits in the US and EU.
- Nonprofit or Public Figure Page category
- Creator of Fundraiser must be admin of the Facebook Page
- Page Fundraisers can only be created on Desktop