Create a Page for your charityA Page gives your charity a voice and presence on Facebook. Having a Facebook Page connects you to a global network of over one billion people. A Facebook Page may be a good option for you if your organisation wants to grow its community of supporters and create more connections and interactions with people. When people share interests and ideas on Facebook, it helps you find and connect with those who care most about your work.
- Educate and engage your community about your cause and update them on your organisation
- Find and connect with new supporters who share your passion
- Inspire people to take action by spreading the word, attending events, volunteering or donating funds
- Fundraise directly
- Say thank you
- Inspire others to fundraise on your behalf
- Go live while raising donations
How to create a Page
- Go to facebook.com/pages/create.
- Give your page a title (Organisation name).
- Select ‘Company and organisations’ as your Page type
- Select your Page subcategory.
- Add a profile photo (organisation’s logo)
- Add a cover photo that showcases your programmes (820 pixels wide by 312 pixels tall).
- You can access your Page from the left-hand bookmarks on your personal Profile.
- For further questions about creating a Facebook Page, please visit the Facebook Help Centre.
- About. Briefly state the mission of your organisation and the impact your programmes create. This is also a good place for contact information.
- Profile picture. Your profile picture is a way to help people recognise your brand when they see a post from your Page in News Feed. We recommend a square version of your organisation’s logo. Bear in mind that it’ll often appear small.
- Cover photo: Your cover photo should be an image that represents the work that your organisation does and the communities it serves. Use a high-quality image that is visually appealing. Your cover photo can be changed at any time and is a good place to feature a special event or initiative. Learn more about guidelines for Page cover photos.
- Video and images. When you upload a photo or album, your supporters will see it as a post in News Feed. If you have videos that showcase your organisation’s work and mission, add those here too. Some additional tips:
- Add descriptions to your photos.
- Tag volunteers and supporters in the photos when possible.
- Milestones. Milestones are a great way to show people the history and progress of your organisation. Consider including things such as:
- When your organisation was founded
- Impact of successful programmes and events
- Your organisation’s contributions to the progress made on major issues
- Events. Your Page is a great way to let people know about events your organisation is hosting. Read more about how to create an event for your Page here.
Eligibility and usage
- Only official representatives can create a Page for an organisation, business, brand or public figure.
- When you use your personal profile to set up your organisation’s Page, you’ll be the Page admin by default. Page admins can be changed or added at any time under Manage Pages. Your admin role won’t affect the privacy of your personal profile and won’t appear in your Page’s posts or other activity.
Sign up for tools
Get access to powerful tools to help you make a positive real-world impact.