Workplace for Good
We create the tools. Charities create the impact.
Workplace for Good is a new tool that connects everyone in your organisation and enables them to turn ideas into action. Through voice and video calling, group discussion and a personalised News Feed, you can work together and get more done. Workplace for Good is free for all charities.
Workplace for Good is a tool for consolidating your organisation’s communication and collaboration in one place. Workplace for Good is separate from your personal Facebook account, but takes advantage of all of the features that we’ve built for Facebook – internal groups, multi-company groups, News Feed, Work Chat, live video, search, file sharing and activity reports.
Use Workplace for Good if your organisation is looking for a way to simplify communication and planning.
- Centralise communication between a team or in a project by creating groups.
- Speed up decision-making by sharing files and getting feedback through chat.
- Manage relationships with other organisations by connecting them to a project group.
- Allow staff members to stay up to date through their personalised News Feed of work activities.
- Reach colleagues instantly using Work Chat for video or voice conferencing.
- Broadcast live video to members of your organisation to coordinate and connect your team.
- Search all activity, conversations and files to find the things you need quickly.
- Report on the activity within your organisation to manage your team and projects.
- Workplace for Good is a completely separate product from personal Facebook.
- You don’t need a personal Facebook account to sign up for Workplace for Good, and there are separate websites and apps for both.
- Workplace for Good is free for all verified charities. You must apply to use Workplace for Good for your team. Get started.
- Once approved, a Workplace for Good access will be created for your organisation and admin access will be granted.
- The admin of the account can create groups and add people to those groups.
- Follow the link in the email you received to get started.
- Upload a professional profile picture and add your job title, manager and department.
- Create a team group to discuss projects and share ideas or join an existing group.
- Follow your colleagues.
- Manage your notifications.
- Download the Workplace for Good and Work Chat apps for free for iPhone and Android.
- Save the posts that interest you the most.
- Use @ to tag your colleagues in your posts or comments.
- Publish directly to groups so that the right audience sees your post.
- When you create a group, “pin” the group description and purpose.